• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

4.6 DOHC into a 93 fox build- foxannne

Bill

Staff member
Donator
ran new fuel lines from a junkyard car, i cut mine being a dumbass when yanking the engine.
I miss having access to decent salvage yards. The ones in this area seem to either tear shit up with a forklift or they want near new prices for little stuff like a brake line or fuel line. I miss Texas salvage yards.

foxannne

just wingin it
I miss having access to decent salvage yards. The ones in this area seem to either tear shit up with a forklift or they want near new prices for little stuff like a brake line or fuel line. I miss Texas salvage yards.
jacksonville florida aint got great anything. but ive always been able to source the part i need locally tbh, 2 hours is the farthest ive drove for anything for this car, that being the manual pedal assy for 100 bones

foxannne

just wingin it
I grew up in my younger years in dalton NH pretty close. but i couldnt imagine what being a car enthusiast is like up there man. spoiled rotten in florida not gonna lie

foxannne

just wingin it
UPDATE.
Futuraguy, is a wiring legend. Lengthy conversation with him. Lot of great information. Man’s knows a lot.
Got my hands on an Electrical vaccumm troubleshooting manual. For a 96 mustang.
Absolutely Amazing book that i can’t believe I’ve gone this far without.

the car now cranks.
if I force feed it fuel, it runs! That was like the best drug I’ve ever felt.
Not getting injector pulse, my next debacle.
Found a local guy that specializes in SCT tuning,
Bought an SCT tuner.
But he said he can flash the computer without it, so that I get rid of pats entirely so it’s not something I ever Have to encounter again.
For 100$.
Take. my. Money.
Then we get to see the car run for the very first time which I truly cannot wait for.

foxannne

just wingin it
car now runs!fuel pump in, runnning stock sn95 fuel pump.
sn95 fuel tank is in. took no modification to install which was suprising to comparison to what ive read on here, but i had a car lift, and a trans jack, and lubed up the gas fil neck a good bit. and slid it in with minimal fuss. wont hold idle, but thats small potatos that can soon be worked out.
second coming of that running report resulted from a place called tuners inc. local to me in jacksonville florida, (Orange park close enough)
im now tuned with a sct tuner for 93 gas before i even get to drive the car lol.
still have a driveshaft to get shortened
still have a throttle cable to install
as well as get some brake pedal pressure going,
adjust clutch cable
then put the car back together, fenders are all sorts of taken apart, seats, the dash, the center console,
i gotta figure out my gauges situation, thats a nightmare.
turn signals and brake lights and headlights, all things that are gonna prevent me from ripping this thing into a parking lot near you this summer.

massacre

Donator
I kept the stock fox gauges, i only use the gas gauge and cable speedo. All other gauges display on the 3.5" Holley display. Saved me a bunch of hassle

foxannne

just wingin it
update
driveshaft shortened 1 inch, new u joints etc.
universal mr gasket throttle cable installed, needed a return spring which i thought was funny working on carb cars all day my fuel injected project needs one, going stock fox gauges currently writing excel spreadsheet to make it a correlate to the sn95 wiring.
will post to hopefully help someone else like this forum has been to me.
got the dash, center console in, seats, etc. damn near full interior.
hydroboost lines are a pain in my ass.
discontinued at the ford dealer i was more than willing to buy the ones that just go into the engine bay.
INSTEAD.
https://www.sn95source.com/topic/5778-how-to-an-power-steering-lines-on-96-98-hydroboost//
350$ later in special an fittings... were gonna tuck it inside the fender

another exciting revision has been a rear battery location, power/grounds additional fuse engine bay fuse panel, and a relay bank for race car switch panel, for headlight/tailight/brake etc circuit, interior power to a switch, starter signal to a button, race car cutoff switch, will post pics when all this is wrapped up. car starts, and runs still need to figure out idle issue. anticipate test drive to happen very soon. within the next month will be at Quality control stage. and start finding the things that need to be assessed.

for those who care reading, next big project is the hard top conversion...
found a turd fox in south florida, gonna cut the thing up next week.
lot of welding but im really trying to learn everything i can, i think im capable of fabbing it to that degree, conversation for another day, but just thought it may be worth mentioning

massacre

Donator
Sounds like some great progress! I wish i knew you needed hydroboost lines, i have some here that i would have sold you for a lot less. But custom lines are cooler plus tucking in fender will be so much cleaner.

foxannne

just wingin it
Sounds like some great progress! I wish i knew you needed hydroboost lines, i have some here that i would have sold you for a lot less. But custom lines are cooler plus tucking in fender will be so much cleaner.
dang! i called around everywhere locally, crept 2 junkyards yesterday, i found a few 99-04 lines, but my understanding is 96-98 is a bastard year for them
just another thing to add to the list of shit i had to do and learn to build a car, experience!

Bill

Staff member
Donator
I haven't had an issue getting lines. I was able to order them through Autozone. I'll be interested to see what the tuck looks like, as my son and I are doing another vert soon and may want to do the tuck. If you have time to put some good detail in, that would definitely save me the time of having to figure it out :cool:

foxannne

just wingin it
I am about to this same build. Just picked up a 4v and a 4r70w. Not sure If I wanna stick with the auto yet. Awesome write up tho!
ton of work, like metric ton. but a 4v would totally be worth the work. id go manual. less stress on the "if it shifts" side of shit..
plus im a manual enthusiast til death, ,you can find tr-3650s for cheap. SN95S are a dime a dozen go steal one of those pedal assemblys, bbk or similar clutch cable. get a driveshaft cut and your in buisiness.
if youre into building shit. i highly recommend it.

jeffadams259

I've been searching around this forum for a few days now. It's unfortunate how many people have left and don't post anymore although there is a bunch of info here! Where can I find info on the head cooling mod with keeping the cmcv on the back cause it seems to interfere

massacre

Donator
dang! i called around everywhere locally, crept 2 junkyards yesterday, i found a few 99-04 lines, but my understanding is 96-98 is a bastard year for them
just another thing to add to the list of shit i had to do and learn to build a car, experience!

Yes, 96-98 are less common. Did you modify the firewall for the stock mounting plate? I went with the MM hydroboost swap setup very easy install.

foxannne

just wingin it
i did modify the firewall,
Yes, 96-98 are less common. Did you modify the firewall for the stock mounting plate? I went with the MM hydroboost swap setup very easy install.
yes, i did spacers and a small amount of elonating, hardest part was the drilling and welding of the new pin on the pedal.

foxannne

just wingin it
I've been searching around this forum for a few days now. It's unfortunate how many people have left and don't post anymore although there is a bunch of info here! Where can I find info on the head cooling mod with keeping the cmcv on the back cause it seems to interfere
my car has yet to drive so im unfamiliar with that mod to be honest with you

massacre

Donator

The head cooling mod involves taking hot coolant from the rear (or top rear) of the drivers side head and sending it to the radiator to be cooled. This on 4v engines.
Not sure what you mean by CMCV, but it might be better to make a separate thread.

Last edited:

foxannne

just wingin it
made this slick lil switch panel, racecar status
AN lines are all plumbed up. 400$ later...
should be banging gears any day now.

Attachments

• switch panel.jpg
    switch panel.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 4