• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

4.6 headers

bjmayberry2

I've read that most of the 4.6 exhaust ports are the same size. If this is true then why are there specific headers for 2V, 3v & 4v engines. I'm getting ready to install a lincoln 4.6 DOHC in my 56 Ford Panel and the header with catalytic converter on the drivers side has to go:cigar:

ModFoxMustangs

Staff member
I've read that most of the 4.6 exhaust ports are the same size. If this is true then why are there specific headers for 2V, 3v & 4v engines. I'm getting ready to install a lincoln 4.6 DOHC in my 56 Ford Panel and the header with catalytic converter on the drivers side has to go:cigar:
they are not all the same. Some 4.6 came with oval shape and some where round..

http://modularfoxmustangs.com/community/faq/

Bill

Staff member
Donator
What front end are you running on your 56?

bjmayberry2

What front end are you running on your 56?

2003 Crown Vic. It's not in yet. I've got some other projects to finish up before I get serious with the Panel. Had the MARK VIII wiring harness dieted by Chucks Roadster Electrics in Nevada, CA.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
There are a couple of guys on here that are using the Crown Vic front end on project. Sounds like ya'll need to get together and compare notes.