• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

98 2V harness with Fox Dash/ ABS Fox retrofit. Need help.

I had years worth of links to tech articles for the Fox Coupe that I'm building and I lost them when I transferred all my files to back-up.
I have all the parts collected and I'm ready to start the build and I'm kinda lost without these articles.

Can anyone give me a link to a detailed Tech article/Diagram to Splice a 96-98 2V harness to a Fox dash/chassis?

How about a link to the tech article that showed how to make the 99-04 ABS standalone on a Fox?

How about the A/C ?

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Welcome to the site. All of that information is readily available here on the site. Dig in and start putting a build book together.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
I had years worth of links to tech articles for the Fox Coupe that I'm building and I lost them when I transferred all my files to back-up.
I have all the parts collected and I'm ready to start the build and I'm kinda lost without these articles.

Can anyone give me a link to a detailed Tech article/Diagram to Splice a 96-98 2V harness to a Fox dash/chassis?

How about a link to the tech article that showed how to make the 99-04 ABS standalone on a Fox?

How about the A/C ?
Just checking in to see where you stand on your planning and build?

Bill

Staff member
Donator
I have all the front suspension and brakes in. The motor is next. I'm doing the wiring last hoping that I find some good wiring resources before then.
There are several people on here that seem to know a lot about the wiring. The only way I've ever done it is to use a complete harness. Post some pics when you get a chance.

There are several people on here that seem to know a lot about the wiring. The only way I've ever done it is to use a complete harness. Post some pics when you get a chance.
I'm considering using the 98 dash harness and splicing it into the fox steering column. I won't make any final decisions until I have the motor in. I'll upload a couple pictures today.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
I know it can be done with mostly just repining. I think I remember there being a thread on here about using SN95 gauges in a fox cluster.

Here are some pictures of the painted engine bay, the squared-up k-member, the ho-made HD sway bar relocation mounts, FTR Brembo adapters installed, along with the hydroboost/ABS/03 pedals, and the MM suspension/15" 6-Piston Brembos.

Attachments

• engbay.jpg
    engbay.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 333
  • IMG_6221.jpg
    IMG_6221.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 336
  • IMG_6396.jpg
    IMG_6396.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 337
  • IMG_6274.jpg
    IMG_6274.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 352
  • IMG_6394.jpg
    IMG_6394.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 361
  • IMG_6395.jpg
    IMG_6395.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 341
  • IMG_5982.JPG
    IMG_5982.JPG
    296.4 KB · Views: 343
  • IMG_6022.JPG
    IMG_6022.JPG
    260.9 KB · Views: 330
  • IMG_6275.jpg
    IMG_6275.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 334
  • IMG_6393.jpg
    IMG_6393.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 349
  • IMG_6278.jpg
    IMG_6278.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 324
Last edited:

Will Daly

Swapfox
Hey fluffy!!
As unfortunate as this corona situation is....I know I personally have been out in the shop a bunch!!!
Nice project! I am 8 years into my build right now...89 coupe,t-top conversion, 03 IRS Swap, ‘15 coyote engine w/MT-82 trans, 03 cobra interior....everything else along the way...lol. Just finished my wiring...ugh! I wanted to run the stock dash cluster and have it be functional. At first it seemed impossible. Couldn’t find much guidance other than “what a mess” At this point I have modified the 03 harness (removed PCM, and all unused plugs) and installed auto meter gauges. Currently running brake/ac/ps lines, and little misc. but hoping to turn key in a week or so...I am very nervous as I am not a mechanic...or electrical
9974CDE4-BC45-494D-A8EA-9A4FA425AD79.jpeg
guy at that point!! Anyways I am “no pro” and this is my first fox ever...but I would be happy to share any of my experiences/frustrations if I could be of assistance! Lmk!

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Hey fluffy!!
As unfortunate as this corona situation is....I know I personally have been out in the shop a bunch!!!
Nice project! I am 8 years into my build right now...89 coupe,t-top conversion, 03 IRS Swap, ‘15 coyote engine w/MT-82 trans, 03 cobra interior....everything else along the way...lol. Just finished my wiring...ugh! I wanted to run the stock dash cluster and have it be functional. At first it seemed impossible. Couldn’t find much guidance other than “what a mess” At this point I have modified the 03 harness (removed PCM, and all unused plugs) and installed auto meter gauges. Currently running brake/ac/ps lines, and little misc. but hoping to turn key in a week or so...I am very nervous as I am not a mechanic...or electrical guy at that point!! Anyways I am “no pro” and this is my first fox ever...but I would be happy to share any of my experiences/frustrations if I could be of assistance! Lmk!
Any news on the swapfox?

Bill

Staff member
Donator

How about the A/C ?
I got to thinking about your instrument cluster today as I worked on my 97. I recently had to change the cluster in a 98 and learned that the wiring is different from a 96/97. The 98 was a one-year cluster, as they changed the pinout on the wiring. I learned this the hard way when I destroyed the wafer circuit on the back of my 98 trying to get it out to repair the odometer. I decided that I had the 97 sitting there and would just swap the cluster out of it into the 98 and promptly destroyed it as well. When I got the first replacement, it turned out to be a 97, which will work in the wife's 97, but not on the 98. I did find an entry on one of the forums that told what wires to change on the main plug of the 98 instrument cluster to make it work with a 97, but did not keep the link. I found it through Google.