• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Air Conditioning

takdashark

Donator
If all the little vacuum pumps are there you should be ok if you get the vacuum tubs/harness. All you have to do is hook up the black hose to a vacuum port I think, and the knob will dictate where it directs it. The site doesn't tell me when there's been a post so if u have any questions feel free to email me.
Takdashark@aol.com

Bill

Staff member
Donator
When you log in, hit the "NEW POSTS' link under the FAQ tab. Once you have initially cleared it out, it should tell you. Also, you can set your preferences to show alerts, which will tell you when there is a post on a thread you are subscribed to. Those are my two favorite buttons, as that lets me see every new post of the site.

takdashark

Donator
I have a question for you guys, when I put the heater control on "mix" the compressor still cycles on and off but the vent temps lower if it's all the way to the cold side. Does anyone know if the compressor is supposed to cycle when on mix or did I wire something incorrectly?

whiteponygt

This is only from past experience but I do know that the compressor will cycle with defrost ,I'm not for sure which settiing u had your on

takdashark

Donator
I know it will on defrost, but it was on "mix" and was cycling. The vents will get down to about 60. I'm trying to figure out what I can do to get it to be on "max AC" and have it come out where I want ie. floor, mix dash/floor etc.. On max ac I get vent temps in the mid 30deg (finally :) ) so I'd like to be able to direct it better to even out the temperature between my legs and chest.

My body gets all confused lol

Zasada831

Got a couple more pictures of the A/C, one before it was installed and one afterward. The first one shows the inlet with the offset pipe to clear the cylinder head and the evaporator outlet modified to accept the '98 Mustang A/C dryer. The second picture was taken at night in the garage with a drop light for illumination so it's not very good but it shows the inlet offset clearing the head. Some people at work who have seen the pictures said it ;looks factory;.
Thanks for the great info! Luckily I bought a 96 parts car should work well for that!