• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Cluster options

Vnmous1

I want to keep the stock dashboard from the coupe...what are my options for clusters when swapping the 03-04 cobra motor?

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
im not sure but pretty sure, you may be able to splice but not sure there will be more people that will post other than me, im keeping my old cluster but i wont have a speedo, i am also running a distributor and factory 5.0 harness on a 4V

Vnmous1

im not sure but pretty sure, you may be able to splice but not sure there will be more people that will post other than me, im keeping my old cluster but i wont have a speedo, i am also running a distributor and factory 5.0 harness on a 4V

Oh ok well I will definitely post what I do one way or another if I figure it out

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Svt Fox

Staff member
Oh ok well I will definitely post what I do one way or another if I figure it out

Are you using the T-56? You can use you're factory cluster. Obviously if you do, you'll have to run an aftermarket boost gauge. You just have to find the adaptor to run the speedometer cable for your factory cluster.

I am in the midst of a b-head 4.6 swap and plan on using the factory cluster with my T-45. I plan on upgrading to a T-56 next year.

Interior wise, I don't want any indication that I have a 4.6 under the hood.

Vnmous1

Are you using the T-56? You can use you're factory cluster. Obviously if you do, you'll have to run an aftermarket boost gauge. You just have to find the adaptor to run the speedometer cable for your factory cluster.

I am in the midst of a b-head 4.6 swap and plan on using the factory cluster with my T-45. I plan on upgrading to a T-56 next year.

Interior wise, I don't want any indication that I have a 4.6 under the hood.

I'm going using a C4 and likewise not putting anything out of the cobra as I am still using and plus I don't want anyone knowing I have my cobra motor now in my coupe

roachedone

Donator
I'm building my own..

8604cluster.jpg

86cluster.jpg

Speedtospare

I used a cable X to convert the digital VSS signal to a mechanical output and a for the tach I used an autometer tach adapter.

VNMSGT

Is there a thread anywhere that shows how to install a 96-98 Cobra or GT cluster into a fox?