• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Long tubes w/a 4v

quik660

Donator
Any figment issues??? I'm sure they would be a pain to swap with the motor already in the car.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
If you are using a stock k-member, they are a bit snug but can be done. If you are using a tube-k, not so bad.

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
I have a set of ceramic mid length bassani's that i plan to use but i expect them to be a snug fit LOL. And i am running a stock k-member so that adds to the snugness.

quik660

Donator
I'm running the AJE K member...... Guess I would just look up a set of mid length headers for a 96-98 cobra??

Bill

Staff member
Donator
I'm running the AJE K member...... Guess I would just look up a set of mid length headers for a 96-98 cobra??
If you're looking at JBA, the 96 and 98 Cobra are not the same. What year is your motor? Will you be using factory emissions?

quik660

Donator
Not sure on the yr of the motor. Was told it was out of a 98 Cobra..... But I'm not certain

quik660

Donator
That's tough to do and still make it pass the sniffer here...... Especially having to run the older cars on the dyno for the sniffer here.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
If you had an OBD II port, you might not have to. In some states, if they can plug in, they don't require the dyno.

quik660

Donator
Well here in Ga it doesn't matter what yr the running gear is..... They base it off the VIN. I got it registered in a county that doesnt require emissions.

quik660

Donator
And those are mod motor swap headers??? Guess they would be better than the factories......