• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

My 1986 GT Mach Swap

Speedtospare

The mach 1 intakes are hard to find. The turbo guys want them. You should be able to 400-500 for it and recover some money. Its a great swap. I will build my motor after I'm done with the Datsun and strap on a TVS @ 22 PSI

cpearson1342

That's crazy that they could be worth that much, I'll be buying an eaton for half that price. I'm interested in building mine at some point too, but not very soon, good luck with your build though. Do you ever go to the car shows down here or no? I'd be interested in seeing your car at one

Speedtospare

Depends where down here is lol. I'm from Toronto, Ontario. I attend events in MI but I have drove as far south as bowling green KY. I usually fly to Florida when I go down to the condo.

I paid 450 for mine originally but it was new. There just hard to find and its the best intake for a turbo build. The 99-01 intakes have a problem with small runners. Ford had a recall on them to fix it.

cpearson1342

I live in New Jersey, but usually attend Mustang week in South Carolina, all for nationals and american muscle show in Pa, and the fox a que in long island

Speedtospare

go one size smaller. I went with a 3.4 pulley. My car only has a Accufab TB, 96 cams, and it makes 460/440 tq to the wheels. Its been driving like that for 3 years.

cpearson1342

Thanks for the tips, ordered the 3.4 pulley and hub today since it was on sale for v-day, along with my Glenn's cobra style tank

cpearson1342

20160219_181649.jpg So I got my fuel tank for the eaton swap, decided to go with the glenn's performance cobra style tank that has improved baffling over a stock cobra tank, since I plan to drive daily during the summer, and take it to the track. I got a fuel hat for free on craigslist, and some stock cobra pumps for $30 so to me it was justifiable to buy a really expensive tank. :)

The overall quality is very good, and you can see that it's definitely made to fit into a fox, unlike a cobra or mach 1 tank which is close, but not really meant for it. As for the fit and function I'll let everyone know once it's in the car. It's definitely worth it for the quality, but still overpriced nonetheless.

cpearson1342

Got some more goodies for the fox today, Bilstein HD's with Maximum motorsports coilover kit, used but less than 3000 miles on them. Now I can get rid of the 4x4 stance and actually get some decent handling.20160227_234025.jpg

cpearson1342

Contacted Cervini's and they confirmed that it is one of their hoods. I think it was a damn good price for a real one, and exactly what I was looking for

dondo84svo

View attachment 2373 So I got my fuel tank for the eaton swap, decided to go with the glenn's performance cobra style tank that has improved baffling over a stock cobra tank, since I plan to drive daily during the summer, and take it to the track. I got a fuel hat for free on craigslist, and some stock cobra pumps for $30 so to me it was justifiable to buy a really expensive tank. :)

The overall quality is very good, and you can see that it's definitely made to fit into a fox, unlike a cobra or mach 1 tank which is close, but not really meant for it. As for the fit and function I'll let everyone know once it's in the car. It's definitely worth it for the quality, but still overpriced nonetheless.
how much the tank cost ya?

cpearson1342

So I'm not too happy with the fit of the glenn's tank, the filler neck lines up fine along with the small support on it, but it's very tight fitting. I'm not able to get the strap up enough on the passenger side, and the driver's side will reach, but must really be pushed. I called them and they said it's supposed to be like that and they install them with an impact gun pushing up on them and they do this from factory, which I'm not too sure about after spending so much on it. Anyone have any ideas or know if they are actually that tight with new tanks? Not sure if I feel comfortable impacting the straps up until they touch, I only felt comfortable going halfway with the driver's side with a ratchet.

Speedtospare

I cant help you on that one. I stuck with the fox tank with a 240 lph pump and converted the engine to return style setup