• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

My 1986 GT Mach Swap

cpearson1342

Nice swap. I'm going Termi in my 85 GT. I'm also going to leave the stock dash.
Nice, I wish I had the money to get a Terminator drivetrain, but for now the Eaton swap will do just fine for me. Maybe just forge the internals on my Mach engine eventually and upgrade the trans, but that's a little while away.

If you need any help with your swap feel free to ask me any questions, it will be very similar just since you have an 85. Plus the Eaton swap makes them almost the same engine wise, even though I haven't gotten to that yet.

CAMD FOX

Termi Swapped 4 Eye
Nice, I wish I had the money to get a Terminator drivetrain, but for now the Eaton swap will do just fine for me. Maybe just forge the internals on my Mach engine eventually and upgrade the trans, but that's a little while away.

If you need any help with your swap feel free to ask me any questions, it will be very similar just since you have an 85. Plus the Eaton swap makes them almost the same engine wise, even though I haven't gotten to that yet.
I'll definitely take you up on that offer. There doesn't seem to be much as far as info on 4v swaps into 4 eye cars.

cpearson1342

It's pretty straightforward after you review the stuff on here, but there will be a few differences and modifications that you will need to do, all with many different ways of accomplishing them. I'm sure you have seen my other comments on the 82 project we have that I am currently working on that I'm trying to make write-ups for to show everyone how I do it, but that is only one way of doing it, many others choose a different route.

cpearson1342

Alright, so I've been using the glenn's cobra style tank for a while now and seems to be performing quite well. I can't really go down to a few gallons and go to the drag strip since my fuel sender isn't installed, but it's been great taking it anywhere, went to mustang week, american muscle show, etc. with no problems and gone through many turns and it seems to keep the fuel in place. I filled up once and it took 14.9 gallons, and just before that I was going through turns pretty quick and seems to keep the fuel right where it needs to be, so I would definitely give it a thumbs up for performance.