• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

My 5.4l future X275 ModFox

NightStalker

Oh, we'll I wanted to go turbo on this car for the classes I want to run, also I already have 2 supercharged cars and thought it would be fun to change things up... A Shelby supercharger setup only works on Ford GT/GT500 heads and is extremely hard to find a complete one for sale. I already had this engine with the heads I ported from 2005 and could utilize it.

NightStalker

Engine is together, going to take the valve covers, timing cover, and intake to the powder coater to get coated in wrinkle black tomorrow...

Capri_gt

Any pics you may have for us? Im very interested in this project. what kind of suspension mods are in the mix? Is this a drag class of racing it will be used for? Sorry if it seems like a stupid question but ive never built a race car. Im more of a street car guy.

NightStalker

I will get some more pics up soon, I have a few parts off getting powder coated right now and more boxes have been delivered. The classes I will be looking to race in are street classes like X275 which runs 1/8 mile and the times for them are in the low 5s and have to be on a 275/60/15 drag radial tire, the other class I will run in is NMRA/NMCA True Street which makes the car have to be licensed and insured, because they do a 30 mile cruise then 3 back to back laps down the track with no adjustment allowed. As far as suspension it has most of that already installed as I have had the car for 2 years now and just now been able to get much major work done to it. I have UPR all around, their k-member kit with 14-175 front spring and Lakewood 70/30 front struts (I plan on changing those at some point to Strange adjustables), UPR double adjustable uppers with solid axle mounts, UPR offset lowers with no spring perch, UPR coil-overs with 10-150 springs rinding on Strange adjustable shocks, and a UPR double anti-roll bar. The axle will be getting the tubes welded to the center housing soon and has 3.73 gears with a 31 spline Detroit TruTrac diff, Moser c-clip eliminators, I will be deciding on how I plan on bracing the rear end after I weld the tubes. I bought the car with subframe connectors already welded in but was a gutted roller, I have a 88 dash I am going to be installing soon and have my buddy tint the windows on it and possibly just trade him some parts for it. I have installed the UPR battery box and master cutoff switch in the hatch already and have the handle getting a "Push Off" sticker made for it. Fuel consists of a 87-93 tank that has been sumped, an A1000 fuel pump with pre and post filters and -10 braided fuel line, Division X black anodized fuel rails with 80lb injectors, and a A1000 bypass regulator with a -8 return line. Brakes consist of Aerospace pro-street front and rear setups, Jeg's adjustable proportioning block, Jeg's line loc, UPR fender side manual brake master cylinder. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask, oh an I am running a Flaming River manual rack with UPR bump steer kit.

NightStalker

As promised I have some update pics for everyone, I got my timing cover and intake hat back from the powder coater and turbo headers from CG Fabrication today. Also got several other parts for the turbo and fuel systems as well as my oil pan this week. So I went ahead and put the parts on with my spare valve covers until my other get here. The intake is still out getting ported. I am going to port the throttle body to have less of a flat spot in the middle and more of a knife edge and polish the hell out of it, also going to have my friend polish the exterior of it.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359095067.950300.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359095090.521515.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359095116.343648.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359095130.382780.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359095143.997645.jpg

Speedtospare

Looking really good. Where did you get the plate for the AN fittings for the bottom right? Is that for the oil cooler or the coolant? I used the stock one, capped it, and put the thermostat inline with coolant at the top hose. Aftermarket pan as well. very nice. Are you going to run an intake spacer between the upper and lower intake to get some plenum volume? Was throttlebody bored out? I went with a accufab but it was big bucks.

NightStalker

It's a Moroso oil filter relocation plate from Jeg's, the lower 2 are -12 for oil and the -16 is for the coolant, I have a friend welding a -16 fitting in place of the lower coolant hose barb. I am not sure if I'm going to do a spacer or not, debating it, if I do I will talk to my buddy who owns a machine shop and have him make me a thick one. The throttle body is a BBK twin 65mm and I port matched the intake to it. I am going to take it off and knife edge between the throttle blades to promote better flow.

Speedtospare

The big single works best HP wise, but my buddy had idle issues and the throttle is very touchy. I decided to go with the accufab twin.

Speedtospare

Agreed. Easier to keep as is. If you need to go bigger just move to a sheet metal setup.

Looking great. I'm impressed with the progress

NightStalker

I'm one of those guys that when I'm going to do something I make sure I can afford to get everything or already have a lot of the stuff before I tell anyone what I'm doing...

NightStalker

Well I have a slight dilemma now, my buddy is selling his 93 notch rolling chassis that all the work to the body and chassis that I am needing to do is already done, but it's more $ right now than I really want to spend...

NightStalker

They are, here are some pics of it...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359402915.305023.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359402982.705971.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359403014.574740.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359403049.595248.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359403102.054660.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359403124.883366.jpg

I would have to change the fuel cell for a larger one and change out the front suspension and possibly the axle as I believe the one in the car is a spool.

na svt

I was referring to the supercharger
The gt500 intake has no runner length which is very inefficient for centri and turbo combos. The Cobra/Mach intake isn't optimum but it will provide a lot more average power in the RPM range this engine will operate.

Svt Fox

Staff member
I've lurked for a while and figured it was time to become a dues paying member.

Thinking about seeing how much interest there is in 5.4 longtubes since I have the capability to make them.

Interest here!