• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Norfolknova 66 F100 modular conversion and full Restomod build

norfolknova

I don't see economy being effected, you are keeping the mark VIII cams, you may shift the TQ and Power cures a little, but I don't think it would be noticeable. If I remember correctly the Lincoln called for Premium fuel as did the Cobra's and changing the intake won't change compression. I am building the truck as a weekend cruiser so I am not as concerned with economy. I drive a company van during the week for work and if I need to go on a trip I have a 2013 Fiesta for economy

bjmayberry2

Yes, the Mark runs Premium. I'm trying to build a cruiser that is a pleasure and comfort to take on trips to different events. Probably won't put a lot of miles on it so premium fuel won't be that big of a deal. Just read some try to get them running on regular.

norfolknova

You can run regular but it will effect power and performance, when you run regular the computer will retard the timing due to engine knock