• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Post your latest acquisition

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Just picked up a set of Steeda CC plates for $87+shipping 555-8094-3 New in box.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
So I bought a ton of parts this past week for the 98. I picked up a set of 17x10.5/17.9 Silver FR500, which are on clearance at American Muscle. I got a set of KYB shocks and struts, FRPP C-springs, Poly isolators front and back, rear control arms, poly motor mounts, rear shock tower brace, strut tower brace, etc. Probably will be a month before I put it all together, but they have all arrived.

Speedtospare

Bunch of parts, but not for the modfox. 71 Datsun 240z received a new TSP cam, valve springs, and push rods. All aluminum 5.3 motor, LS1 intake, and CX racing motor mounts. I will be ordering the twin turbo's soon.

engine installed.

12075095_10153553867330470_2806404310000393010_n.jpg

C.wyant

Picked up a 2000 Explorer motor for 180 bucks couldn't resist it was still strapped to the pallet it was shipped from the wreckers on....bad pic from the back of my truck

Attachments

• DSC_0315.JPG
    DSC_0315.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 415

Bill

Staff member
Donator
My UPR Spherical bushings came in today. Most of you know that I'm generally not a big fan of UPR parts, but the 98 car is a low budget build. It is my daily driver and I only have about $3k in it at the moment, including purchase price. I probably won't get to the rear suspension this weekend, but I have all the parts now. I will be replacing the lower control arms with tubular lowers with Delrin bushings. The uppers are tubular with Delrins in the front and the UPR sphericals in the axle housing holes. I have Ford Racing C-springs with poly spring isolators and KYB shocks. I'll be ditching the quad shocks to make room for the 17x10.5 FR500s. I haven't bought the tires yet, but will probably go with 275s or 285s.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
12321635_1049160485115758_8305347598803379892_n.jpg

My youngest mechanic's helper getting a lesson in how to assemble his first spherical bushing into a tubular upper control arm. I put one together and he put the other together to match. He got the offset backwards, but not bad for a first attempt at age 7. By the time he's ready for his first car, He'll be able to build his own.

cpearson1342

Not mustang related exactly, but I did just pick up an 86 f-150 to go with my 86 mustang to drive during the winter. Along with a traction-lok diff so I don't get stuck in the wet grass.
20151104_162931.jpg

Also from American Muscle, I lucked out and got some 17x10.5 charcoal saleen rims that are way too wide/ not enough offset for anything. Might use them just as drag rims or something, but at 37.50 a piece I couldn't say no. Along with just about everything needed to build my rear end: 31 spline diff and axles. Many more things that I will get pictures of when I get them. Also got a great deal on 94-98 moser 31 spline axles for $110 new from American Muscle.

n
20151206_122124.jpg
20151206_122129.jpg
20151206_120442.jpg

Bill

Staff member
Donator
So, the wife's car died in Oklahoma. The motor blew. I will be donating it to Vehicles for Veterans. I went tonight and bought a new Ford Transit Connect Wagon. Seats seven. $33k. I guess the vert will keep languishing for a while longer

Kris Kelley

I was initially going to do the 460 swap due to my limited knowledge on wiring the 4v, but since finding this sites plentiful information on wiring for the 4v I feel it would be silly not to go 4v!

cpearson1342

I was initially going to do the 460 swap due to my limited knowledge on wiring the 4v, but since finding this sites plentiful information on wiring for the 4v I feel it would be silly not to go 4v!

We were originally going to build a 302, but it would cost around the same as I paid to do the engine swap along with the suspension, and drivetrain. Then I just recently did the eaton swap which was much less than any other supercharger kit I could've gotten, so I would say definitely worth it. The only problem now is my bottom end isn't forged since it's a mach 1 engine, and I'm really considering a VMP in the future... Anyway if you need help with wiring feel free to ask, and look at my other posts. I have wiring pinouts and diagrams, and if you do decide to not go with that 3650, I'm definitely interested.

Kris Kelley

We were originally going to build a 302, but it would cost around the same as I paid to do the engine swap along with the suspension, and drivetrain. Then I just recently did the eaton swap which was much less than any other supercharger kit I could've gotten, so I would say definitely worth it. The only problem now is my bottom end isn't forged since it's a mach 1 engine, and I'm really considering a VMP in the future... Anyway if you need help with wiring feel free to ask, and look at my other posts. I have wiring pinouts and diagrams, and if you do decide to not go with that 3650, I'm definitely interested.
You must have gotten that mach engine from an auto since the sticks were forged bottom end?