• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Post your latest acquisition

mitch

just order a wing today for my vert. cant wait to get rid the the granny rack

Attachments

• 4CAACADA-01ED-4D6C-9A34-A3BFF4D8CE09.jpeg
    4CAACADA-01ED-4D6C-9A34-A3BFF4D8CE09.jpeg
    89.2 KB · Views: 457

Bill

Staff member
Donator
just order a wing today for my vert. cant wait to get rid the the granny rack
I built an 85 years ago for my father-in-law. I put a Steeda wing on it. Shortly after I gave it to him, we put the rack back on, because he didn't like the sound of the wing when the top was down.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Picked up a couple of Accel 14008 coils to install. Tune up time :)

Bill

Staff member
Donator
So, I came across a C&L Plenum pretty cheap recently. It is dirty and didn't come with gaskets, but at 1/3 of new, I think I can handle that. I also picked up a used Steeda Tri-ax for a T45. I haven't decided which car they will live in, but might do that this next weekend.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
So, some of you know I bought a 97 GT Convertible from my father-in-law for $500 about a year ago. He had loaned it to my nephew for a couple of months, as the nephew burned (couldn't be bothered to fix a minor fuel leak) the 85 conversion convertible that I built for my father-in-law for Father's Day (the car that got me involved in modmotor swaps to start with 15 years ago). Anyway, the nephew dragged it with low oil and threw a rod straight down through the oil pan. I anticipate getting it into the garage (for the first time since I dragged it home) to start pulling the engine this week. I have an 03 GT engine with low-ish miles. I'm posting it in this thread, because I've been spending money like it belongs to someone else. The 97 is triple black (paint, leather, top) and to be my wife's toy once complete. I know, it isn't a Fox Body. She doesn't care for the Fox Body Mustangs (been fighting that fight for 36 years). It is times like this that I miss owning a speed shop. Not having all the big tools and paying retail for parts from former competitors really does suck.

massacre

Donator
I have a huge pile of parts here.
This COVID thing is screwing everything up- parts are taking forever to arrive, half the stuff is back ordered, etc.
Today I got a new dome light cover and 2 door striker bushings.
door lock knob bushings and drain plug kit are backordered.
Oh and a huge piece of 14 gauge sheet metal to make some repairs.
It’s slowing down my progress for sure

Bill

Staff member
Donator
My latest acquisition. I acquired this when I removed the x-brace. It and a piece of the block were sitting on top of the brace plate. This changes the story a bit, as it is clear it was a piston skirt failure, not a rod bearing. Maybe I need to start us a thread about your latest carnage.

Attachments

• 20200503_092200.jpg
    20200503_092200.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 393

Bill

Staff member
Donator
I bought this for my current project, but it is something I think would work nicely on a fox project as well. It is an X-brace from an 03/04 Cobra Convertible. The front four bolts attach to the center of the K-member. The middle two attach to the rear edge of the k-member. That bottom corners are actually compound shaped cups that bolt from multiple directions to the bend in the front subframe. The 97 convertible I'm building for my wife has a damaged K-member and X-brace. I have 01 Cobra front end from a previous project to put on it, and will install this brace, which came with hardware for $100 shipped on ebay. It needs cleaned and painted, but I think that is the least of my worries under that car.
SN95 X-Brace.jpg

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Bit the bullet and bought a rebuilt T45 today. I typically buy low mileage used assemblies, but decided I wanted a warranty. I looked at the stuff that was available within 90 miles of me and didn't see anything I want to trust. I like to see what it came out of if I'm going to install it. I paid $795 shipped from Allied Gear in San Antonio. I'll let you know how it looks when I get it. It will be coming UPS Ground. I haven't decided what I will do with the one that I took out. I don't know that there is anything wrong with it, so it might just go into corner of the garage. They have a $250 core charge, so I may sell it.

EDIT: I'm a little pissed off at these guys. They messed around for three weeks and made me get eBay involved to get my money back. They never shipped the tranny. I still don't have the core charge back as of 6/14. I will be raising this issue with them on Monday.

Last edited:

Bill

Staff member
Donator
I scored a new radiator for the vert today. New in box $60. The box was covered in dust. The guy said he had bought a bunch of them years ago as an overstock sale and only had two left. Not a bad price for an NOS part.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
I scored a new radiator for the vert today. New in box $60. The box was covered in dust. The guy said he had bought a bunch of them years ago as an overstock sale and only had two left. Not a bad price for an NOS part.
Turns out it is also an automatic radiator. I don't really care, as the PI will not be a high heat producer. My issue with the one that was in it being for an automatic was that they didn't cap or flush the passages, so it corroded and made an ugly mess.

massacre

Donator
I bought a cheap mini belt sander from harbor freight and I have to say that it worked bette than I thought

Bill

Staff member
Donator
So, I adopted another Mustang. I picked up a 2004 GT convertible for my wife to daily drive. My daughter was the second owner and hadn't driven it enough to need an oil change in 4 1/2 years. It was garage kept for most of that time, and runs really well. I picked it up in Seattle, put new tires, headlights brakes, and some other basic maintenance with it and drove it back to Virginia. On April 1st (not a good day), a lady backed into it and damaged the driver's rear quarter panel. She had good insurance, so that got fixed. Now it has popped a P0456 code. I bought a new purge valve, as that is the most likely culprit after having sat for so long. This weekend, the top started leaking :-( We put the top up and down routinely when we drive our convertibles, and use a conditioner on the material. This one had sat for so long with the top up that it will need a new top. My wife wants a removable hardtop, but we will see what she thinks when she sees the price tag. Either way, it will get a new soft top in the next month or so. The tires I put on it are great winter tires, but the wheels are ugly. I will be putting a nice set of wheels on it. It needs rear shocks and some better bushings on the sway bars. It is black with tan leather interior and tan top. I had some small gold pinstripes put on it when they redid the quarter. My driveway is getting crowded.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
So, I adopted another Mustang. I picked up a 2004 GT convertible for my wife to daily drive. My daughter was the second owner and hadn't driven it enough to need an oil change in 4 1/2 years. It was garage kept for most of that time, and runs really well. I picked it up in Seattle, put new tires, headlights brakes, and some other basic maintenance with it and drove it back to Virginia. On April 1st (not a good day), a lady backed into it and damaged the driver's rear quarter panel. She had good insurance, so that got fixed. Now it has popped a P0456 code. I bought a new purge valve, as that is the most likely culprit after having sat for so long. This weekend, the top started leaking :-( We put the top up and down routinely when we drive our convertibles, and use a conditioner on the material. This one had sat for so long with the top up that it will need a new top. My wife wants a removable hardtop, but we will see what she thinks when she sees the price tag. Either way, it will get a new soft top in the next month or so. The tires I put on it are great winter tires, but the wheels are ugly. I will be putting a nice set of wheels on it. It needs rear shocks and some better bushings on the sway bars. It is black with tan leather interior and tan top. I had some small gold pinstripes put on it when they redid the quarter. My driveway is getting crowded.
So, the 97 vert is finished. I put an 03 engine and new suspension in it and gave it to my father-in-law for Father's Day.

Attachments

• 1622684848653.jpg
    1622684848653.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 145

Bill

Staff member
Donator
So, I bought a 97 F150 4X4 Off-Road. Bright red, "no rust". It needs an engine. I've been rebuilding an engine for it, and have had more issues than I should have given how many of these things I've done. I'm still not comfortable that I got the timing right, but we shall see. Anyway, this is my vent. I found a big ugly spot of frame rot. I'm almost ready to pull the existing engine out. I was under the truck with a light and there it was. I'm using this project as a learning tool for my 15 year old, ahead of his Fox vert project, which is really just one of my old projects that got pushed aside for too many other projects. It seems like every time I turn around, I'm struggling with something on this thing that should be simple. The heads for the new engine came back from the machine shop assembled all WRONG. The time chains don't want to cooperate and just don't look right, even though they line up with the marks. Did I mention I never really liked working on Windor heads? Ugh.