• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Project Insanity

Speedtospare

Mac catback was installed today. I know Mac gets a bad rap a lot, but I'm pretty darn happy with this exhaust system. The true fit cat back design is awesome. Especially when you have to tweak things a little here and there. It makes it a breeze. I love how this car sounds when it takes off.

fuel pressure stays steady now that the gas tank isn't sucking air lol

Here is a short vid of the car idling.

[video=youtube_share;jVaNvJ3_tJI]

Sounds very close to my flowmaster setup, except i'm using a catted bbk x-pipe and manifolds. Nothing wrong with Mac, there like flowmaster without the drone lol. Your setup is louder.

Bobby Amato

Well I've been pretty quiet the last week or so because my parents were in town. I got the car aligned last Friday and she drives nice and straight now. I also installed my Addco tubular front sway bar.

I have also been fighting gremlins all week with my Dad giving me a hand. It was cool having him out there with me, but Mom and Pops had to head home today.

Anyway, I took the car on the freeway for the first time on Wednesday. I drove about 5 miles before the car started over heating. My gauge wasn't working and I was driving without a hood on the car because I was afraid of it flying up since the hood pins aren't in yet.

The car had to limp home stopping and letting the car cool off a few times and keeping the heater on full blast until I made it back. Turns out after all of my hard work I was too lazy to change the thermostat when I had the chance. Swapped it out the next day and now the cooling system is working good. I also swapped out the 2 sensors, but the gauge still doesn't work.

Also the whole time I was trying to limp home the car kept dying out when I would slow down. The next day after changing the thermostat I noticed a tapping noise and tracked it down to the fpr regulator. Turns out the way I had the regulator set up was causing an issue, so I bought an A1000 and the problem is not only fixed, but the car accelerates so much smoother now.

I'm hoping to give the car it's first real test by driving it to work Monday morning next week.

Bobby Amato

Well I guess I can't complain too much about the hack job someone did on this gauge bezel since it was free. (Thanks Joe). If you look at where the defrost button is the person who initially installed this hacked the hole too big.

Anyway I got my oil pressure and water temp gauges installed today. Test driving it to work Monday morning. Wish me luck lol

Sorry for the blurry cell phone pic.

gauges_zps0492bbe5.jpg

Bobby Amato

Best of luck on the maiden voyage Bobby, what sway bar is that.
Good luck on the maiden Voyage! I suspect there will be a huge smile on your face.

Thanks guys! I guess I couldn't wait until Monday. I drove over to a friend's house today who lives about 20min away. Drove all the way there and back with zero issues. Temps stayed around 180* the whole trip and oil pressure was good. Around 80psi when driving and drops down to about 25-30psi at idle after warm.

Car accelerates like a big dog too. I don't want to open it up too much until I get a tune, but it feels very strong.

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
LOL i knew you would drive it before Monday, congrats on the sucessful trip. Im close to driving mine need to get the brakes to bleed, had a unsuccesful attempt today lol maybe tomorrow.

stangracer90

congrats on the progress sounds like you have an awesome ride now. im getting ready to start my build with my 88 gt and i was curious if shorty headers for a 96-98 cobra will work with the fox? i found a good deal on a set and with work being slow these days cant afford a new set lol.