• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

ready to go modular part 3

whiteponygt

Incase anyone wanted to know the difference between the sn and the Fox arms here's a pic,I just got mine switched out no more rubbing I can actually drive it woo hop,also with some help from svtfox,turn s out I have a bad temp guage,I'll get it switched out and button up all the wiring saturdayIMAG0193.jpg

whiteponygt

Well went to the track for some passes out of all the people at the track on 3 people noticed the cobra motor.first pass was the best of the night the clutch in the car was not up to par best launch was 4000 rpms only got me an 8.89 new clutch in my future I guess

whiteponygt

IMAG0199.jpg After talking to fstfrd I decided to tear into the car the imrcs were rather filthy,so soaked then in degreaser and cleaned them in the parts washer also upon tearing it apart found two of my injectors falling apart

whiteponygt

IMAG0216.jpg IMAG0218.jpg Got the injectors fixed and cleaned imrcs she's running great,after going to the track and driving it I'm not happy with the cobra rear ever set of rims I have rub,I understand I can get wheels with different back spacing but why spend the money when I already have the parts. I'm gonna put the Fox rear I got and try and switch all the disc brakes from the cobra rear to it,also the stock Fox already had 3:73s so two birds one stone.I got everything cleaned up and ready to go in

Last edited:

fstfrd

Donator
Whiteponygt, I went through the same issue, I had to remove my 17x10.5 rims on 285/40's, and went with 17x9 with 275/40's....I also bought some weight jacker lower control arms and adjusted the ride height and BAM....rubbing gone !
If all possible, can you post pics of your rear end swap and the rear brake conversion, cause I think I want to change rear ends also, but from what I heard, the rear cobra brake setup will not mount up....so I'm interested in how your gonna complete it.

whiteponygt

I've been looking at few other sites that show people doing it.but it will be a work in progress by what I've read the housings are the sames,the axles are longer for the abs sensors.

Last edited:

whiteponygt

Ok looking for opinions here I am running the Fox dash and the sn steering colnumn I want to go back to the Fox steering column but have installed the bearing plate could I just remove the bearing and use the hole or do I need to change plates bqck

whiteponygt

Haven't worked on the car much lately funds ran low....but luck behold I just scored a running driving 5speed 93 lx 4 cylinder for 900 bucks,big deal right but full black interior.So weather pending I hope to get evrything switched before xmas.

whiteponygt

You ain't kidding I've been looking for black interior since I started the swap.I'm going to sell off most of the car to recouped some money. Anyone near va looking for a roller I'll make u a great deal.

whiteponygt

Ok so for some reason I can't leave well enough alone. While switching over the interior I realized that I didnt care for the sn steering column so back to the Fox..do for the last 3 evenings I've been rewiring and buttoning up lose ends.wish me luck

whiteponygt

Whiteponygt, I went through the same issue, I had to remove my 17x10.5 rims on 285/40's, and went with 17x9 with 275/40's....I also bought some weight jacker lower control arms and adjusted the ride height and BAM....rubbing gone !
If all possible, can you post pics of your rear end swap and the rear brake conversion, cause I think I want to change rear ends also, but from what I heard, the rear cobra brake setup will not mount up....so I'm interested in how your gonna complete it.
So I've been searching the interweb looking for a solution to disc brakes on my Fox rear. I think I may have found it . A company named north star sells an off set bracket for the Fox rear and you can put the sn brakes right one as long as u have 5 lug axles in ur Fox 8.8 which luckily I do . The brackets are 160 plus shipping.

whiteponygt

First would like to say to everyone if u r fing this swap it's not as simple as using the donor car harness and soldering ur plugs on it has turned into a lot of extra work and wiring . Imo this is far from the easy way lol.But on that note all the interior wiring is done and time to install the dash.

419forest

First would like to say to everyone if u r fing this swap it's not as simple as using the donor car harness and soldering ur plugs on it has turned into a lot of extra work and wiring . Imo this is far from the easy way lol.But on that note all the interior wiring is done and time to install the dash.

Amen to that.