• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Recommended gear?

modfoxdude

Got my lincoln 4.6 + T45 running in the fox now and working on the rear end. What gear ratio do you recommend? Tires will be ~ 26.8" dia. I want it to be very streetable.

Currently I should be 2.73s and it definitely too low. I'm guessing 3.27 should be good, and I already have a 3.27 gearset I can swap in, but someone offered me a complete running 4.10 rearend and another with 4.56 and discs for a good price. I'm tempted, but worried it will be too much gear.

Thoughts?

Bill

Staff member
Donator
The 4.10 is a good gear for the 4v/T45 combo. It is very streetable and gives you around 23-25 mpg on the hwy. 4.56s make 1st gear almost useless, and lower your mpg a lot. I haven't used 3.27s, so can't help you there. I have used 2.73s, but only with an automatic. I like the 4.10s for my personal use.

modfoxdude

Cool, thanks. A gear ratio calculator tells me that 4.10's will give me 2514 RPM at 70MPH in 5th, which is about the same as I should be getting now at 70 in 4th with 2.73's. I'll drive that and see how it feels/sounds.