• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Teksid 2V Tech Article (Must Read)

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Those springs are beefy and the rods are absolutely beautiful. You will love the MM front end. We were a MM dealer/installer for years and swear by them. It will give you steering geometry control that is hard to beat and is durable enough for daily driver use. If you haven't looked at chassis stiffening products yet, Brian Figg at Stifflers makes about the best subframe triangulation system on the market. Even if you already have subframe connectors, his stuff can be adapted to almost any brand connector.

Kmax

The MM front end is excellent. It was a bit of a bear to install (first time for me, big 3-day learning curve) but it definitely raised the handling and "feel" a few notches. I installed MM subframe connectors later and noticed the difference in ride immediately... more solid, likely a combination of stiffening the chassis and anchoring the seats more securely. I'll have a look at the Stifflers site, thanks for the tip. Here's the bottom of the front end after i got the final tweaking done.
Sorry i kinda drifted off the Teksid thread, back to that in a couple days. I just found out that the "lightly used" Fidanza aluminum flywheel i acquired is not salvageable, so i'm going with a McLeod Chromoly flywheel to match the McLeod "Street Pro" clutch i have for this build. If anybody thinks that's a bad choice (i've done some research that suggests a really lightweight flywheel might not be a good thing for a daily driver), let me know. ...regards, kevin

Attachments

Kmax

January 6 update... no, not about politics! I haven't been able to find a F3AE-6C086-AE ('94-'95 Tbird) timing cover, so i bought a 2W7E-6C086-AC (for a 2004 Mustang) cover and test-fitted it to the Teksid block... it fits perfectly. Since i'm using Romeo heads, the bolt holes should match up. Here's a photo of the timing cover fitted to the block (sorry, it's still wrapped in plastic). The belt tensioner was included with the cover.
Bill, do you recall what modifications you had to make when you had to substitute a different timing cover for the Tbird timing cover?
...regards, kevin

Attachments

Bill

Staff member
Donator
January 6 update... no, not about politics! I haven't been able to find a F3AE-6C086-AE ('94-'95 Tbird) timing cover, so i bought a 2W7E-6C086-AC (for a 2004 Mustang) cover and test-fitted it to the Teksid block... it fits perfectly. Since i'm using Romeo heads, the bolt holes should match up. Here's a photo of the timing cover fitted to the block (sorry, it's still wrapped in plastic). The belt tensioner was included with the cover.
Bill, do you recall what modifications you had to make when you had to substitute a different timing cover for the Tbird timing cover?
...regards, kevin
The only problems I've seen are when the holes didn't match up properly. As I recall, all I did was fill them to create a seal.