• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Wide body kits

Bill

Staff member
Donator
I'm looking forward to seeing the additional pics. I was able to download you installation pics (all that were posted including the oil cooler). I will be having a body shop do the work, as my skills are in a different area. The fact that it is a convertible will have some bearing on which kit I choose, but as I mentioned earlier, I like the way your's turned out. Thanks for getting back to us, and thanks for coming over the site to do it. I'm sure that there are other people that will be interested at some point as well.

FatFoxx

FatfoxxfullDSview-1.jpg
fatfoxx045.jpg
fatfoxxproject2.jpg
The fuel catch can is totally re-done. This is a part that is crutial when you modify your quarters when you do a wide body kit. No one else offers this.
fatfoxxproject3.jpg
HPIM0117.jpg
diamondplate.jpg
oilcooler.jpg
This is for the oil coolers that I installed. I saw where you had accessed the link.
fatfoxx061.jpg
fatfoxx073.jpg
Here are the interior pics with 10 point roll cage and 5 point harness w/Corbeu seats.
We are planning on being at Mustang week in Myrtle Beach S.C. if you want to see the red one in person.

Jonathan

interesting! lots of good info here. One of the draw backs to swap a mod engine to the fox was getting a tall and wide tire in the rear to hook up with the amount of power I was putting down. I do like the more stock looking Kits. does Fat fox make any more factory looking flares or are they all this exotic. I'm going to have to look at these for awhile, I can't really tell if i like it or not. but I think i will definatly be in the market for a factory piece like the tiger racing one.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
As far as I know, that kit is the only he has designed. There are some pros and cons of the Fat Fox as I see it. It is very cool looking, but is a bit exotic. It is fully functional, which you know is an absolute requirement for anything that rides on my car. The designer says the installation is intense, which tells me I don't have the bodywork skills to do the install by myself. Mine is a vert, and he hasn't done a vert (yet :~), so it would require a bit more body work. I'm using the full New Edge suspension architecture, so it would make room for steam roller size rubber if I want it. It is a bit more expensive than some of the older kits, but the functional rear brake cooling ducts and that oil cooler are slick. In terms of appearance, I think that will come down to what you want and like. The car is a mechanical representation of yourself. Build it so that when people look at it, they know whose car it is.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Is it because you don't like the way they look? The lack of functionality? The fit and finish? Personal style is a tough thing to relate to. I like a lot of different body kits, including some that other people clearly hate. I do have a couple of issues with them for street use. First, I think big wings are for airplanes, not street cars. Some of them look pretty cool, but are not very functional or practical for the street. Which, brings me to my second issue with some body kits. If it serves not purpose; if it doesn't make you go faster or handle better... I believe that form should follow function for a sportscar. One of my biggest issues with the ones I have physically seen is the lack of quality fit and finish. With today's technology, it shouldn't be that difficult to manufacture a quality body panel that fits right the first time and can be finished easily to near factory finish. Very few WB kits fit that bill. I'm a fan of quality workmanship, that is fully functional for its intended purpose and properly installed.

Svt Fox

Staff member
Is it because you don't like the way they look? The lack of functionality? The fit and finish? Personal style is a tough thing to relate to. I like a lot of different body kits, including some that other people clearly hate. I do have a couple of issues with them for street use. First, I think big wings are for airplanes, not street cars. Some of them look pretty cool, but are not very functional or practical for the street. Which, brings me to my second issue with some body kits. If it serves not purpose; if it doesn't make you go faster or handle better... I believe that form should follow function for a sportscar. One of my biggest issues with the ones I have physically seen is the lack of quality fit and finish. With today's technology, it shouldn't be that difficult to manufacture a quality body panel that fits right the first time and can be finished easily to near factory finish. Very few WB kits fit that bill. I'm a fan of quality workmanship, that is fully functional for its intended purpose and properly installed.

It's because I think they look terrible, especially on a fox body. Embrace what Henry already made! :)

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Its all good. Ford Racing, or more specifically SVO Parts actually commissioned one of the kits shown here and sold it through Ford Dealers. They were never a huge seller, but I like them. One of the issues I have with the kits I've seen at shows is that they weren't well installed. they didn't have any kind of inner fender or extra support, so they looked half done.

FatFoxx

Everyone has their own ideas and visions on how they want their car to look. I made my kit the way I wanted it to look and function.This kit is not for everyone. For all the people who like their car to be stock then do not put any aftermarket parts on your car. I think Henry Ford (which was a man that did not like to race) would have worried about functionality over looks. I have the car I want.... question is do you? Just saying. I actually like to see other peoples minds work on here and their comments as well. Thanks guys for all the input! I found something interesting after I made my kit.... check out the Miller High Life race car on goggle I think you will like it.

Svt Fox

Staff member
Everyone has their own ideas and visions on how they want their car to look. I made my kit the way I wanted it to look and function.This kit is not for everyone. For all the people who like their car to be stock then do not put any aftermarket parts on your car. I think Henry Ford (which was a man that did not like to race) would have worried about functionality over looks. I have the car I want.... question is do you? Just saying. I actually like to see other peoples minds work on here and their comments as well. Thanks guys for all the input! I found something interesting after I made my kit.... check out the Miller High Life race car on goggle I think you will like it.

I guarantee 99% of the fox body owner population would agree that wide body kits on fox body mustangs look hideous.

I am happy for you, that you are happy with your car! At the end of the day that is all that matters however, speaking of how people's minds work... Keep in mind that if you post your opinion on the Internet, you are subject to retorts to said opinion.

Have a great weekend!

FatFoxx

I guarantee 99% of the fox body owner population would agree that wide body kits on fox body mustangs look hideous.

I am happy for you, that you are happy with your car! At the end of the day that is all that matters however, speaking of how people's minds work... Keep in mind that if you post your opinion on the Internet, you are subject to retorts to said opinion.

Have a great weekend!
Everyones opinion does not bother me! I am forty years old and have come to a point in my life that I have gotten over such nonsence. No big deal to me if you hate it you hate I don't care really. If you think this is the only forum that has said crap about my car then you need to google FatFoxx up some more. LOL!! There are forums out there that do like my car so I can pretty much say your 99% may be just a little off. Calculations are just varibles of one mind set anyway. Popularity is another thing that comes to mind to me. People that hate the car talk about it...... love or hate..... so in some ways I guess it is a good thing that you hate my car. I can tell you that I don't like some of the other body kits on cars, but I can also tell you that for me to embrace my fellow Mustang enthusiast he/she must like ME FOR ME not my car.There has always been a certain respect between Mustang owners to one another and I am hoping that we do not break that respect here on this forum. I respect your opinion so please respect mine! If you ask anyone that knows me I help as many people as I can with there projects. I live and breath even bleed Mustangs. When I am buried I promise you there will be something MUSTANG in my coffin. All is well bro and I am not mad at you or anything just glad we can be as Gentelmen on here and set an example for others. If there is anything I can help you with just let me know.

Svt Fox

Staff member
I absolutely agree with you! If everyone liked the same thing or if everyone's car was a cookie cutter version of each others, life would be pretty boring.

There are a lot of mods that people do to their cars that I do not like aesthetically however, I can more than appreciate someone's effort and more importantly, quality execution of attention to detail and craftsmanship.

I really like this website, that we can disagree on things without it becoming a pointless argument that usually ends up not pertaining to what the argument originated about. You're in your your 40's, I am not far behind you being that I am approaching my late 30's, so I can relate.

Additionally, if I can help you in anyway, feel free to reach out! That is what this website is about and that is what I dig the most!

Have a great day!

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Do you keep a show schedule? At some point, I want to get up close and personal to check it out.

FatFoxx

Bill, I will be at Mustang Week this year in Myrtle, Beach S.C.. It starts July 17th through the 21st. We will be participating in everything but the burnout contest. If you around that area come and see me. I would love to show you the car. I will be hanging with my friends and brothers/sisters from Ultimatefoxbodies.com so if you see them I am probably not too far behind. I am a member of the site and they are a great group of people! As far as a show schedule I take them as they come. I have been building these A-pillar pods for a while and selling them for $80.00 a piece.
0628122336.jpg

FatFoxxA-pillarpodforSkip2.jpg
. The body kit has not been selling like I hoped for it to, but it is no big deal because the A-pillars have made up for any lax time at the shop. I am going to start a triple pod after Mustang week and hope it comes out like I want it to.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
It looks like a nice piece. If you look around at the shows/here on the site, a lot of us are doing/have done/continue to do the SN95 retro-fit dash installation. It would be nice to have an A-piller pod that was designed for that type of installation. I'm starting to see the S197 dash show up as well. I am considering that one for my next project as well. I won't be making any east coast shows this summer. I'm closing on a new house (new to me) in late July and will be tied up with all the crap that goes with that. I will eventually hook up with you, as I do want to see the car. Unfortunately, body kits rarely sell in high annual numbers. The big box stores tend to sell so much of this ricey stuff that is poorly made. It makes it hard to compete. We had a Mustang shop for several years and refused to sell the cheap, poorly made stuff. When the economy went down, it was the cheap stuff that seemed to be the only thing selling, so we sold the shop. I won't build something that doesn't do everything I say it will do, which is why the functionality of your kit interests me.

FatFoxx

It looks like a nice piece. If you look around at the shows/here on the site, a lot of us are doing/have done/continue to do the SN95 retro-fit dash installation. It would be nice to have an A-piller pod that was designed for that type of installation. I'm starting to see the S197 dash show up as well. I am considering that one for my next project as well. I won't be making any east coast shows this summer. I'm closing on a new house (new to me) in late July and will be tied up with all the crap that goes with that. I will eventually hook up with you, as I do want to see the car. Unfortunately, body kits rarely sell in high annual numbers. The big box stores tend to sell so much of this ricey stuff that is poorly made. It makes it hard to compete. We had a Mustang shop for several years and refused to sell the cheap, poorly made stuff. When the economy went down, it was the cheap stuff that seemed to be the only thing selling, so we sold the shop. I won't build something that doesn't do everything I say it will do, which is why the functionality of your kit interests me.
Bill I could not agree more! That is cheap crap. I would guarantee you they just use the spray matte and roll it on. Bro I use only the best stuff! U.S. Composites gelcoat, vinylester resin, +45/-45 deg biax weave that is VACUUMED BAGGED! A lot of time also goes into the process. The research into the materials were critical. When a customer buys my kit I want them to call me about the functionallity not poor quality! You get what you pay for IMO! I can pick up on my car by the quarters and move the car up and down! Tell me who would do that with a real expensive paint job on their car? Any one who buys one of those other kits deserve what they get! I get hundreds of calls a year about the kit, but just like you said they decide to buy the cheap crap. Oh well they don't have to buy my kit and that is cool with me. That just means that there are only 2 cars in the WORLD that look like mine!

Bill

Staff member
Donator
So, here is a link to a very cool car
http://modularfoxmustangs.com/commu...gine-swapped-with-kenne-bell.1839/#post-10981
I put it here because one I like the car and two this is where the link to corral.net was posted for an awesome wide body Fox with a 99-01 Cobra nose.
http://forums.corral.net/forums/bod...r-lower-fox-lx-upper-tiger-racing-flares.html
My son wants the Fat Foxx kit on his Mustang, but he has no money, so he won't be getting that for a while. My wife likes the Tiger Racing flairs from the link above, so I will likely use those on the vert when I get ready to do that. I dig the 99-04 nose conversions. I haven't picked one yet, as I also think a couple of other might look cool. The 99 interests me additionally since my donor is a 99 Cobra. Unfortunately the nose was destroyed in the crash.