• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

84 Capri another mod swap

Capri_gt

What gearset do you have in it? Im thinking of going with the 2.97 1st and .50 6th gear I think that should give decent miles per gallon on the highway with the 4.10 rear ive got in it.

Speedtospare

I'm just using a 04 Cobra T-56 with 26 spline input shaft and Centerorce DFX clutch. The OD is .63 and the rear gears are 4.10's I get 26 MPG on the highway

Capri_gt

Thats pretty good, I didnt think it would be even that good with the .50 6th gear. Kinda makes me wonder. Do you think that would be to high a gear? Would you recommend the gearset you have?

Speedtospare

Depends on engine setup. If I was staying NA I would be going 4.30 - 4.56. I just pick my gears based on 1/4 mile. 4.10 in 4th gear should max out around 130 MPH @ 7000 - ish (i shift at 6800). I am expecting about 118 MPH out of the car. If I was a road course guy or mainly street car I would go 3.73 gear. in my setup

Depends on what you want, HP/TQ, max rpm of the motor, weight, etc, of your car.

Capri_gt

I plan for an n/a 5.0 stroker, forged h beam rods, crank ect, trickflow twisted wedge heads 44cc combustion chamber. Not sure on cam specs yet still studying that one. Im thinking 14cc dished pistons, to stay at a boostable level yet have good power n/a for break in and money saving period. Im open to opinions and better advice though.

Capri_gt

Cant say I havent thought about it, good miliage. Great power and stock drivability. I just like the idea of doing things the hard way. Idk its kinda a toss up really.

Svt Fox

Staff member
Cant say I havent thought about it, good miliage. Great power and stock drivability. I just like the idea of doing things the hard way. Idk its kinda a toss up really.

I hear ya! If you do the coyote swap I think it would be around the same cost of what you were wanting to accomplish! Plus, there are more than a few stock coyote engines installed into fox bodies that are running high tens!!!

Capri_gt

The thing about it is it would actually cost more to swap to a coyote then to build the motor I was looking to build. But im sure I could find a used coyote and save money. But im more concerned with the drivability of the swap, from what ive read online there are a lot of stalling, bucking and surging problems.

Svt Fox

Staff member
The thing about it is it would actually cost more to swap to a coyote then to build the motor I was looking to build. But im sure I could find a used coyote and save money. But im more concerned with the drivability of the swap, from what ive read online there are a lot of stalling, bucking and surging problems.

Caused by what, I'm not saying they don't exist but I haven't heard of those issues.

Lets do the math. With a used drop out and the parts needed for the swap, you're looking at about 6-7k if you can get a coyote drop out.

To build a 2V stroker worth it's salt would probably run close to that parts, machining, misc...

The difference is, the stock coyote will make about as much power as a poked and stroked 2V.

Capri_gt

Im on the fence for either but if you google it. Ive come up with more problematic swap then good ones, not to mention the needed headers for the swap are like 800 and the controls pack is like another 1500 and thats what tips the scale for me really. Unless I could find a coyote and all the wiring from a newer gt then id sell its tranny pick up a t56 ( if I havent by then already ) thats not even touching the fuel system. Which I believe I would have to swap to returnless for. I like both options but im just looking at all points of view really. And so far the 2v seems cheaper lol

Svt Fox

Staff member
Im on the fence for either but if you google it. Ive come up with more problematic swap then good ones, not to mention the needed headers for the swap are like 800 and the controls pack is like another 1500 and thats what tips the scale for me really. Unless I could find a coyote and all the wiring from a newer gt then id sell its tranny pick up a t56 ( if I havent by then already ) thats not even touching the fuel system. Which I believe I would have to swap to returnless for. I like both options but im just looking at all points of view really. And so far the 2v seems cheaper lol

Well either way you choose to go, keep the updates and pics coming lol!

Capri_gt

Ive got around 100 pics on my camera so far just dont have a computer to post them with but as soon as I can get to one this thread will have a dail up warning lol. Updates wont stop either, although they will start to be farther apart.

Capri_gt

Its internet that doesnt exist anymore. It was a joke because its very slow and wouldnt be able to load up a lot of pics.

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
Oh yeah i remember dial up, you would be at the computer for weeks trying to upload on dial up.

Capri_gt

Thanks man. My room mate is the only reason I know about that one. Lol he collects game systems.