• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

84 Capri another mod swap

Capri_gt

Well thats was something I didnt have any clue about. Wiki really does have everything doesnt it?

Capri_gt

Well an update about the capri lol. Im waiting on taxes so I can get another new clutch cable. Got one in a kit with the adjusters and it is trash, adjust it hit the clutch and the cable stretches noticably. Everytime. I alsoneed to get new rear brake lines ( there cracked up ) and the fuel pump and sending unit I need and she should be on the road after that. Im going to be making my own interior panels and dash for her as well. The 97 I put in is just to get it home. Im modifying the body to much to use the stock interior panels and I honestly dont like the dash set up at all so im going to make my own.

Capri_gt

Ok so, looks like my fuel pump is fine. I guess I jumped the gun on assuming it was bad. So now ive got a problem because I cant figure out why it wont turn on with the key. Any ideas. All new fuses. So its not that. Ive gone through and checked all the wiring. But I cant seem to figure it out.

Capri_gt

Could it be the pats if everything came from the same car? All the wiring, keys, computer, even the drivetrain.

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
I have heard of guys letting their cars set for a period of time and it goes in to freak out theft mode. You running the sn95 dash

Capri_gt

Starter turns over great. No clicking from it. Just no fuel pressure at all. The dash will beep like three or for times. Im not sure of the theft light.

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
So starter cranks motor, fuel pump primes, but no pressure at fuel rails, does the car start and die after a few moments.

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
Mine done the same thing i had to get a chip to disable pats and then i had pump prime and car started, then i fried the ECU lol. Might check the inertia switch buy the taillight, thats cuts fuel off, little box with red button on it push the button down if its poped up.