• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

86 4.6

roachedone

Donator
We made some progress this past week.. harnesses layed inside, 04 pedals installed. left inner fenwell done, rt side almost finished. abs pump and master are installed. we set the motor in place today to check fitment and to get ready to mount trans brackets. this also gave us a chance to see what the stants was gonna be like with the new springs. think we have decided that we are going to go back to the fox control arms to pull the wheels back alittle bit.

2-21pedals.jpg
2-22leftwheelwell.jpg
2-23master.jpg
2-23rtfenderwell.jpg
2-25motorfitment.jpg
2-25motrfitment.jpg
2-25leftviewmotorin.jpg
2-25leftviewstans.jpg
2-25stants.jpg
2-25rtside.jpg
2-25protegewheels.jpg

myers407

Staff member
Looking good so far. I am using the same wheels on mine. Are you going with auto or standard?

vabeachsand

Hell yea I street Race!
Donator
I know that Maximum Motorsports sells a steering shaft that has welded U joints and a adjustable shaft. They also sell offset bushings for the steering rack.

I;m pretty impressed at how you modified the factory parts to fit your needs.

roachedone

Donator
Looking good so far. I am using the same wheels on mine. Are you going with auto or standard?
5 spd out of the 04... wheels look great on the car.. they looked alittle big at first going from the 14s that were on the car to the 17s. and they definatly rub now that the extra weight is in the car. I threw one of the wheel off my protege on the front just to see how the offset would be from them.. fit well, just don't look quite right..

roachedone

Donator
I know that Maximum Motorsports sells a steering shaft that has welded U joints and a adjustable shaft. They also sell offset bushings for the steering rack.

I;m pretty impressed at how you modified the factory parts to fit your needs.
its been fun so far.. alittle frustaiting now and then trying to find a place to put everything, but for the most part hasn't been too bad... got a lot of work to go before its running.. we need to pull the motor back out and paint the engine bay. had a hell of a time gettting the left side mount to sit in place... egr tube kept hitting the fire wall, think that was the biggest issue getting the motor in.. we've still got a set of bbk valve covers and headers to go on the car before the motor is finally set for good.. just think it will be easier to do with the motor out after seeing what kind of room is left after its in..

vabeachsand

Hell yea I street Race!
Donator
Perhaps the fact that it was welded together in a hurry, then hocked up on ebay when the owner went with something else?

myers407

Staff member
That has to be my guess on it too. I am using the stock exhaust off my 02 vert doner and it sounds bad as can be.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
I haven't decided what I'm going to run yet. The system that is under the Cobra is cobbled together bullshit from at least 4 different manufacturers. I will probably pick up a JBA setup to match the headers, but haven't gone there yet.

roachedone

Donator
Score for the week.. Joe C (AKA 4eyedcoupe) picked up a set of S197 wheels today.. offset looks beter, but thanks to the 8 inches of snow we got today, cant roll it out of the garage to see...

s197wheel2.jpg

s197wheel1.jpg

s197wheel.jpg

roachedone

Donator
Well, didn't get alot done today, but tranny mount issues are taken care of, i have to give big thanks to Brian at Stifflers... the TCB-M02 Crossmember arrived yesterday. It fits perfect keeping the stock location and mounting points on the car. As per Brians recomendation, it fit great useing a T-5 tranny mount... any one looking for a little help, definatly contact him... top notch product, and top notch service...

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Brian Figg is a good source for a lot of great stuff, information and ideas. I have a set of his prototype FIT system. I learned more about my chassis while trying to develop installation instructions than I really wanted to know. The fox chassis has a hinging effect between the firewall and the front subframe. Any of you guys looking for ideas to overcome some odd chassis problem...Brian is a serious source.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
That's good news. I have to do some welding on my fox mount brackets. When I bought the car, the V6 motor mounts were shot and it had a solid tranny mount. I will have weld them almost all the way around, but plan to use that same mount.