• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

86 4.6

roachedone

Donator
well, got out of work today early... made some good progress.. fixed the clutch cable issue, bleed the brakes again and bleed the power steering.. hooked up the ebrake, and hung the mufflers.. Basically, all the mechanicals are done. Now time to get the interior back together.. waiting for a buddie of mine to let me borrow his dealer plate to take it for a true road test.

roachedone

Donator
here you go Joe C... and you owe me extra for washing it for you...

outfront73.jpg

infrontofhouse73.jpg

roachedone

Donator
they are BBK Progresive springs. Joe C(4eyedcoupe/car owner) bought them used, once they arrived we realized the fronts were cut. he hasn't decided yet if we are going to pull the rears back out and trim them as well. Currently we have the 04 wheels on the rear and the 05 wheels on the front. gives it a bit of a staggered look.

I've got a bit of a vacuum leak because the heater controls are not hooked up yet which i think is why is got a little bit of a "lumpy" idle.. rt front tire is rubbing on the control mod that is located in the fender well so I'm gonna have to relocate that to another spot.

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
yeah i think i will has to lose the front sway bar on mine i think the wheels are gonna rub it but oh well, i cut my springs in the front one ring was cut out i want the slightly lower look in the front and just a bit higher in the back. thanks for the info

roachedone

Donator
so its been a month sense ive given any updates.. car was suposed to go back to its owner this weekend(4eyedcoupe aka joe c) but sense he broke his arm last week and cant do much, car is still sitting in my garage. which is a good thing. its given me a couple days to try to get some stuff done.. anyone following this post will know i was building a cluster for this car.. needless to say its done as of today.. and believe it or not, it works.. also had a chance to paint the hood. I've sense sanded it down twice now and its got its second layer of bondo to try to fill the low spots. one more sanding and a coat of glaze and it should be smooth..
2012-08-01_20-01-23_778.jpg

cluster houseing isnt the prettiest, but lots of fiberglass, wires, soilder, and 2 clusters(04 and an 86) to make this woor
clusterfk.jpg
cluster5.jpg
cluster4.jpg
cluster3.jpg
cluster2.jpg
cluster1.jpg
and of course, a video of it working... http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/jaylindstead/?action=view&current=cluster.mp4

roachedone

Donator
yea, i can imagine.. been there.. I got lucky and found the conectors at Radio shack.. 3 bucks each. so instead of haveing 20 million spade connectors i narrowed it down to 2 plugs. takes alot of the guess work out of it..

roachedone

Donator
no schematic.. just mached where each gauge motor attached to the circuit board and ran wires accordingly.

roachedone

Donator
just an update.. Joe c drives this thing every day. back and forth to work.. even with the 410s in the rear he is still getting over 20mpg..

roachedone

Donator
not 100% sure on rpm range.want to say 2200-2500ish. he is running a set 0r 05 gt wheels with 245/45/17s on the rear...

coryjones

I would defiantly be interested in more info or even a right up on the gauges as i am doing a 5.4 swap in to my 86. The 86 fuel send is a one year only deal and is giving me issues. My motor is out of a 00 navi and i have the cluster from that is appears to be the same as the F150 and the mustangs.