• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

86 4.6

roachedone

Donator
The gauges are all from the 04 gt.. I basically cut up the cluster and reshaped it to fit in the houseing of the 86... they are all the electronic gauges, and even uses the electronic control board from the 04.. I plan on pulling them back apart over the winter to fix a couple minor issues, so maybe then I'll be able to give you some more info..

coryjones

Got another question you may be ale to answer. Where is the millage stored in the cluster or the ecm? Do you know if there is a way to reset it? My 86 is a complete nut and bolt restomod and would like to set it to zero.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
It is stored in the cluster. The reason I know is because we had a new one that the speedo didn't work right. When the dealer ordered a new one, they had to tell the mfg what the mileage was, and it came preset...three times.