• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

86 4.6

roachedone

Donator
well, havnt done much with the car in the past three weeks.. weathers been getting nicer and my old lady's been making me get some of the projects around the house done.. but got to it for a little bit over the past couple of days. Eng bay is all set. everything is now in place. Rewraped all the harnesses and secured them in place. ran the brake lines for the abs and secured them. put in the heater box from the 04(that was fun, what a pain in the ass) finished up my hybred steering coulumn and got that mounted. I used the houseing from the 04 with all the electronics and put the shaft from the 86 inside of it.. and just for future refrence for every one, the fox columns are adjustable. so if you end up a little short, you cn extend the end of the shaft out the botom to compensate for it. Had to weld in a ccouple extra braces for the column just to take the extra weight with out flexing.

engbay8.jpg
engbay6.jpg
engbay7.jpg
radiatorandabspump.jpg
hybredsteeringcolumn.jpg
hybredsteeringcolumn2.jpg

roachedone

Donator
their mounts off the 04. lightly modified and bent to fit.. had to cut the tabs off the bottom of the radiator as well.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
I will likely do the same thing on the top. I have removed the fox body brackets from the radiator support for the bottom. I will have to create something their, as I'm using a Steeda UtraCool radiator with a Taurus 2 speed fan.

roachedone

Donator
ok guys im in need of a little help.. we are getting ready to install the fuel tank and lines, and im not sure where the hell im going to be able to fit the charcoal canister from the 04 into the 86.. definatly not gonna fit in the 1/4 like it did on the 04.. I'm looking to see where everyone else has their's mounted, and if any one has bypassed it with any luck while keeping the stock fuel system..

roachedone

Donator
no real updates.. progress has been slow.. in the process of buying a house... we got the fuel tank hung in place this weekend and fuel and brake lines in place... hopefully motor back in for good this coming weekend.. just waiting on some gaskets for the BBK valve covers. new motor mounts on and the headers are in place. picked up an off road xpipe for the beast as well as joe c picked up a 2 inch fiberglass cervanis hood for a hundred bucks.. dead line is fathers day for it to be running and driving...

roachedone

Donator
well folks.. havent had much to say latly, but we have started the final reassembly of the car.. last weekend we got the 04 tank back in perminatly after shortening the filler neck. fuel lines and brake lines are all in.. brakes are bleed. yesterday we dropped the motor back in and after a few issues with the motor mounts and a chain breaking and almost killing Joe C (4eyedcoupe) the motor is in place for good.. we wired it up, but couldn't get it to fire... needless to say, last night i found that we had never rehooked up the fuel pump control modual.... so now all i have to say is She Runs!!!! Only let it run for a second or 2 cause there radiator was not hooked up yet and the exhaust is not hooked up(open headers) but needless to say it felt good to hear it fire up... although i dont think my neighbors agree..

Svt Fox

Staff member
well folks.. havent had much to say latly, but we have started the final reassembly of the car.. last weekend we got the 04 tank back in perminatly after shortening the filler neck. fuel lines and brake lines are all in.. brakes are bleed. yesterday we dropped the motor back in and after a few issues with the motor mounts and a chain breaking and almost killing Joe C (4eyedcoupe) the motor is in place for good.. we wired it up, but couldn't get it to fire... needless to say, last night i found that we had never rehooked up the fuel pump control modual.... so now all i have to say is She Runs!!!! Only let it run for a second or 2 cause there radiator was not hooked up yet and the exhaust is not hooked up(open headers) but needless to say it felt good to hear it fire up... although i dont think my neighbors agree..

Bitchin!!! Where's the video?

roachedone

Donator
first time the car has seen the road under its own power in probably over 10 years...
firsttimeontheroad.jpg

roachedone

Donator
We still have some issues.. Clutch cable being one. We used the stock 04 cable and pedals, but the cable is too short. Clutch isn't releasing till the pedal is all the way out. looks like we will be switching to an adjustable one. still no exhaust yet and brakes are a little weak, but at least it moved out of the drive way on its own...

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
the factory quadrant is adjustable but it still sucks, i would spring for the adj. cable and firewall adjuster and billet quadrant. you can pick one up off the bay for a decent price like 70.00 buck shipped they are knock offs but the work great i used them before with no issue's

roachedone

Donator
yea... alrerady have the quadrant, also located a fox cable that i had laying around, so now i need to pull the 04 cable out and see if they are differnt in length... will see hopfully tonight.