• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

My 5.4l future X275 ModFox

NightStalker

Got ahold of the guy that made my headers and we are working on how to modify them to work, also buying a new transmission. The trans is a Lentech AOD Strip Terminator that will let the car actually see its potential. I will be wiring the car soon then it will go for paint and cage.

It seems I am the only person that has and continues to document a 5.4L swap on here... If anyone has any questions on 5.4L swaps please feel free to ask, this is the second one I have done(first fox).

N A

You may not know the answer to this question. I have an '01 4V Navi motor. I read the '11-'12 Boss 302 intake manifold will work with Navi heads if you add additional aluminum to the mounting points. Do you know if this is true or not? If not, I'll pick up a Mach 1 intake, send it to NA SVT and some adapter plates.

NightStalker

It is true, it's not perfect and requires quite a bit of machining and fabrication. The best intake is the Boss 260 if you can find/afford one, they usually sell for about $1000.

N A

I think I want to try a '11-'12 Coyote or Boss 302 intake on the Navi motor. I got to find some better cams than the stock Navi cams. I'd love to make 400 rwhp and 400 rwtq.

N A

Do you know of any good shops that would add the aluminum to make the Boss 302 intake work with Navi heads? I'd love to get the exhaust ports cleaned up and a good valve job done to work with the new cams.

NightStalker

I don't know of any that advertise the ability to do the required addition/machining to the heads, I would check with your local machine shops and see it the have the ability and knowledge to properly add the material

NightStalker

Transmission is set to be delivered today, over this past weekend I was able to get my interior partly put back together to see what I need to get yet and try to determine where and how I will wire the car up.

N A

That Lentech AOD ST is sweet! I have an '90 AOD that needs to be rebuilt. I never thought about using my AOD. (I didn't think it would be strong enough). I was planning on using a 4R70W.

NightStalker

It has been a 1 step forward 2 steps back kind of project. I have bought k-member spacers and installed them and the solid motor mounts, since installing them I found that the the passenger side forward facing turbo header is contacting the frame rail. I installed my Florida 5.0 gauge pod and removed the intake manifold spacer to have the intake tube fit under the hood, otherwise it just contacts it enough that I cannot close the hood. I have received the trans and it is a very nice piece for sure. Sorry for not having a lot of updates, have been busy trying to resolve the header issue and the issues I have been having with my daily driver 2003 Cobra.

NightStalker

I am slightly adjusting my intake setup on this and will be hopefully finding a way to get the header to fit here shortly, have to discuss with my buddy who owns a machine/fab shop as to if my idea will work, I promise this build will not end like the others with no results

NightStalker

I got the breathers from K&N, the intake spacers/adapters are Reichert Racing adapters, I am actually going to be changing the intake setup.

coryjones

Why are you changing the setup? Interested in selling the spacer? Mine is kinda temporary as well hoping next winter to be able to build my own

NightStalker

I promise I am still building this, have had to cut back the first part of 2014 because I had to fix my 03 Cobra, my intake has been modified and is having the gasket surface leveled out currently but I will get pics when it's finished and before and after powder coating it. The hot side is the next project since we have to custom do the passenger side manifold to clear the frame rail and create the up-pipe/crossover pipe. Then it just wiring and plumbing the brakes and fuel lines, part of which is already done. Once all the fab work is done and I am not removing and installing the engine/trans I will be measuring and ordering a driveshaft to hold the power