• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Terminator Fox Awakens!

whiteponygt

how do you plan on wiring the motor in you gonna farm it out splice the harnesses or convert everything over? And what times are you running on the car?

419forest

never taken it to the track. gets expensive fixing things that are weak points on your drivetrain that are exposed at the track.

I am using the 03 oem harnesses. The wiring will be done by a local speed shop.

419forest

I couldn't rely on a 20 yr old evaporator, so I purchased a new one and had cobra fittings tig welded onto the new fox evaporator. Extra work, but piece of mind is worth the effort. On to the next item...
evap cover_small.jpg

evap fittings2_small.jpg

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
Why did you have to cut the box Craig, just curious. seal it up with a bead of silicone on it and call it done, no one will ever see it anyways lol

419forest

Most people leave the evaporator in place and cut off and weld new fittings, but I wanted to have a totally new evaporator. Unlike the heater core which has a removable access panel, the evaporator is permanently enclosed inside of the ventilation box. It's my opinion that this is purposely done during oem manufacturing because the heater core is made of inferior metal (copper) which is commonly replaced whereas the evaporator is made up of superior aluminum. Therefore, I assume that the evaporator was never intended to be removed, and was thus permanently enclosed.