• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Foxbody 4.6 Dohc Swap

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
How did the window resto turn out
got busy with trying to get it started kinda put them on the back burner for the time being. They are sanded just need to be primed and SEM trim paint black. I may try to finish that this weekend lol

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
i figured it would surge and do bad on the idle but it stays a little high for a few seconds then drops back to normal. gonna try to get some fluids flowing in it today and tinker some more with it.

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
I put new thermostat in and got the elcetric fan relay all hooked up heater core lines ran, circulated a little antifreeze through it checked the oil to make sure i wasnt making chocolate milk, then it ran out of gas LOL. Im pretty sure i need to reset the gas needle it shows just under a 1/4 tank and then runs out ( twice) already. i know i need to set the tack its way off. Still got alot of pidley stuff to do like power steering fluid and brakes need bled, rotors turned yada yada, nickel and dime stuff.

vabeachsand

Hell yea I street Race!
Donator
Always a work in progress. I am interested to see how well this will work out on the street, and what kind of numbers you put down on a dyno or at the track.

I have my Distributor drive sitting on the shelf waiting for me to assemble the rest of the engine. Right now porting the heads are what I am doing.

So you just need a 5.0 harness and PCM out of a junkyard car to get this running? Are you running a returnless fuel system?

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
Looking great. Almost at the point where you can take it to the track and break some axles
I doubt my car ever hits the track lol i have NEVER hit the strip because of one reason, ever seen a gambler who never gives up know matter how far they are under the table lol. Seriously i would love to drag it but i just want a driveable street car that i could drive anywhere and just enjoy it. Well i noticed the other day that while my car was running it was NOT charging, so upon further investigation i found that my alternator was grounding out on my intake. Luckily i had a different style MOTORCRAFT alt. lying in the back of the garage. So i replaced and we are charging like a champ now!! I will post pics of the Japan made junk the could have resulted in a friggen fire for those who might need a new alternator, Dont let the parts store sell you this type its junk. Pics coming in a few

Svt Fox

Staff member
I doubt my car ever hits the track lol i have NEVER hit the strip because of one reason, ever seen a gambler who never gives up know matter how far they are under the table lol. Seriously i would love to drag it but i just want a driveable street car that i could drive anywhere and just enjoy it. Well i noticed the other day that while my car was running it was NOT charging, so upon further investigation i found that my alternator was grounding out on my intake. Luckily i had a different style MOTORCRAFT alt. lying in the back of the garage. So i replaced and we are charging like a champ now!! I will post pics of the Japan made junk the could have resulted in a friggen fire for those who might need a new alternator, Dont let the parts store sell you this type its junk. Pics coming in a few

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351433852.567988.jpg

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
pics of junkie alternator and pics of the new one. The second pic is were it was grounding out on the intake, look at the bolt its charred. LOL i would rev it up and it would shoot fire at the intake.
49810EE4-orig.jpg

8813BC22-orig.jpg

the new one lol
F34B0EF5-orig.jpg

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
So if you buy a replacement Alt. make sure it has one hot post on TOP like the last pic, not like the first pic.

just read through this thread, it's very inspiring to get my car done great work! the dizzy setup intrigues me as this is the only thing i'm worried about once I get started.

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
Gonna finish the paint in the later part of spring next year, its cold in KY right now, plus i still got some other stuff to button up. Plus got a SN95 interior swap about to go down on my buddy's car so got alot going on right now. The dizzy setup saves money but does take a some mechanical know how, I am still yet to drive the car to see how it works out on the highway. Gonna try to drive it next week gotta get some parts in the mail that i need first.

Svt Fox

Staff member
My car dose not run great on the highway or at high speeds because of the tune. I'm using a gt computer and a 4valve it dose not work together all that well and the fact that I eliminated the imrc plates makes it need a tune all that much more. I have seen cars not even run until they get a tune. Hopefully I will be getting one soon. What chip do you have?

Use a binary editor.

Here is a good one for example.
http://www.eecanalyzer.net/