• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Foxbody 4.6 Dohc Swap

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
Well got a new adjustable cable, firewall adjuster, and double hook quadrant. Installed it and drove it out of the garage under its on power. Here is the cable kit cant beat it for 69.99 shipped.
93D78D66-orig.jpg

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
Well i think im gonna redo my proportion valve setup, thinking of moving it to the pass side under the filter. Started on the brakes and wasnt happy with the placement so i think im gonna move it lol

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
I think im gonna do away with stock valve and go with a adjustable just to the rear, i have searched everywhere and found that the stock valve is basically just for the rear, so i figured i would just do away with it and run the adjustable. Give me your info
here is the Adj. valve im looking at
valve.jpg

Svt Fox

Staff member
I think im gonna do away with stock valve and go with a adjustable just to the rear, i have searched everywhere and found that the stock valve is basically just for the rear, so i figured i would just do away with it and run the adjustable. Give me your info
here is the Adj. valve im looking at
View attachment 902

Why?

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
Gonna relocate it to a place i can get to lol, Three days after removing the stock valve my knuckles are still sore. Basically there is just no room under the MC if there may be the need for a repair later down the road.

Svt Fox

Staff member
Gonna relocate it to a place i can get to lol, Three days after removing the stock valve my knuckles are still sore. Basically there is just no room under the MC if there may be the need for a repair later down the road.

But if the stock one is done correctly, shouldn't it last forever?

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
WOOHOO!!!!! cobra intake is in the mail heading my way 275.00 shipped lol. Been buying alot of parts lately, still need a 8.8 rear end but that can wait. Been awhile since my last post but been working on a dash swap. Maybe be able to get back on mine after X-mas.

Speedtospare

I was going to tell ya I am going to have a Mach 1 available soon. the cobra piece looks nicer with the emblem on top

chadwicks

I have been really thinking about starting a swap like this. I have a few questions.
1. What exactly is a Dizzy setup? And why would I need it?
2. What wiring harness and computer would be needed for a boosted engine?
3. Would you do it over again or just go with a 5.0?

Speedtospare

I have been really thinking about starting a swap like this. I have a few questions.
Mounts a old 302 distributor to one of the camshafts in the head
EEC-IV stock 87-93 computer, modded harness
it was a ton of work, far too much money, and yeah I would probably do it all over again. Difference is that I would have just bought an entire wrecked car instead of piecing things together.

ponyboy89lx

Staff member

custom shortened distributor, saved me alot money lol
i used factory mass air 5.0 harness with A9L ECU
If i was gonna put a 5.0 back in it i wouldnt even be on this site LOL. yes i would do it again

Svt Fox

Staff member
custom shortened distributor, saved me alot money lol
i used factory mass air 5.0 harness with A9L ECU
If i was gonna put a 5.0 back in it i wouldnt even be on this site LOL. yes i would do it again

He could have meant the 5.0 coyote?