• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Foxbody 4.6 Dohc Swap

Speedtospare

I searched though my archives for over an hour to make you feel better. 300.00 Auto Mach 1 PCM. Fastest and hardest to find. Smelled like burnt toast.

attachment.php

Speedtospare

Somewhere. Not handy. It been about 7 months since did all the research. The auto has to handle more requests because it controlled the tranny, hence the faster processor. I disabled the auto functions in the tune. I beieve the PCM was a SMY2 before I BBQ'ed it.

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
DAMN!!!!!! Mine wasn't that bad but I know its fried tried to hook scanner to the car afterwards and would not connect to EEC

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
i got one from a 97 mustang GT ( DDX4 ) that has the same strategy code but i think the chip was damaged in the BBQ also, wont know till i get it checked and then i can go from there, thinking if its fried i may just buy the software to reflash and tune the EEC instead of having the chip, I give MAJOR thanks to the tuner but its just super hard to get it right without the car being present at time of tunning with the chip. Just have to wait and see whats up with the chip. Delta Force Special Forces is the software im looking at, you can disable PATS with it and do the basic tunning parameters not real in debt stuff but i dont want to get that far into it anyways, just want it to run atleast driveable so that it can be drove onto the dyno for tunning.

4whldisc

In depth or in debt, both are important, please clarify.

OR

Is it that the further in depth you go the farther in debt you are????

I’m all for staying out of debt, but have been accused of going too far in depth with some things......

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
Yeah i should proof read i guess lol depth. I dont wanna go crazy with tunning just do the basics i guess is what im saying

4whldisc

you gotta have fun, hey shite happens, you'll laugh about all the things that went wrong. However; all your problems, questions and results will be veiwed and may help other people out.
you did a good write-up on your project, i was pretty informative and fairly clear, you should be proud of that, it's a big job the first time round.
don't think about selling it just yet, it's just a mass of parts that doesn't run at the moment.
wait till you've had time to thrash the hell out of it, then make your decision.
i hope mine ends up as good as yours, although i'll take a slightly different direction with different results i'm sure' as im going 2 valve.
you've still got the other cluster, sell the bloody thing and have a good evening out.

myers407

Staff member
I have to say that I use the Sniper system and I like it. It will do most anything you need. Ponyboy I have an ECM from a 2002GT my doner car. It was an automatic and I converted to 5 speed. It works fine if that would help you out any.

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
I have to say that I use the Sniper system and I like it. It will do most anything you need. Ponyboy I have an ECM from a 2002GT my doner car. It was an automatic and I converted to 5 speed. It works fine if that would help you out any.
I already got another ECM but i think my chip kicked the bucket i sent it back to be checked out, but im leaning towards its bad, thanks for the offer on the ECM though, thats the best thing about this site, everyone tries their absolute best to help each other out, thanks guys

myers407

Staff member
Thats what it's about. Good luck and don't give up on it. I have been driving mine for about a year and I am fighting a battery drain right now.

Speedtospare

i got one from a 97 mustang GT ( DDX4 ) that has the same strategy code but i think the chip was damaged in the BBQ also, wont know till i get it checked and then i can go from there, thinking if its fried i may just buy the software to reflash and tune the EEC instead of having the chip, I give MAJOR thanks to the tuner but its just super hard to get it right without the car being present at time of tunning with the chip. Just have to wait and see whats up with the chip. Delta Force Special Forces is the software im looking at, you can disable PATS with it and do the basic tunning parameters not real in debt stuff but i dont want to get that far into it anyways, just want it to run atleast driveable so that it can be drove onto the dyno for tunning.

I'm so your best friend today. I have one in the garage i'm not using. It has 2 bullets lefts (add 2 more cars) Its been in the garage for a year and wont work on the Mach computer, but should work with the GT. Hard to find a tuner that know how to use this program. If you want to use it on the newer machs, it have to be send back back to be updated.

Hows $50 bucks?

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
Well i went out today and messed around with the car, I had unplugged the PATS module under dash to get rid of the flashing theft light. I plugged it back in BAMMMM!!!! car fird up and ran pretty good, granted that the computer is tuned for stock mass air and 19lbs injectors, but the tunning software will clear that up. Atleast it runs AGAIN!!!!! lol. Speedtospare message me when you get a chance.