• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Foxbody 4.6 Dohc Swap

4whldisc

you 94/5 cluster wont operate the tach, you'll need to change the cluster to match. pcm controls tach in 96 models, coil controls the tach in the 94/5 cluster.

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
My cluster problems are from the cluster its self its for 94-95 not 96-98, so i have to get a newer cluster. Cant find one that priced reasonable, the 99-up are dirt cheap but the 94-98 SN95 are crazy high

4whldisc

We matched your request.

• Click the BACK BUTTONin the upper left corner of your browser to keep your previous choices and easily modify your search
  • Most prices do not include extended warranties or shipping.
  • Prices are in Local Currency. USA is the default.
  • Please include YOUR ZIP CODE when requesting a quote.
Year
Part
Model Description Part
Grade
Stock# US
Price Dealer Info
Speedometer(See also Instr. Cluster)
Ford Mustang BAD O/D 96MUSTANG $150 All Arizona Auto Recyclers- AARA USA-AZ(Phoenix) Request_Quote 877-268-4500 / 602-840-3263 Request_Insurance_Quote

Ford Mustang A 96H219 $75 All Arizona Auto Recyclers- AARA USA-AZ(Phoenix) Request_Quote 877-268-4500 / 602-840-3263 Request_Insurance_Quote

Ford Mustang A R11253 $71.5 Reliable Auto Parts - ARAPro USA-AZ(Yuma) Request_Quote 1-800-233-6514 Request_Insurance_Quote

OR
Request Quote for part not listed

you could try these guys out, they have these listed as "speedo heads only" but thats unlikely someone would destroy an operational cluster just to remove the head unit.

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
yeah im gonna buy one off the bay i guess just got to wait on the right priced one, maybe able to sell mine to fund the new one, still waiting on my computer, got some info that with my chip i dont have to run a cobra computer so i got one from a 97 gt on the way, waiting on it to try and fire her back up and hope my scanner connects to the pcm so i can get some info on whats going on electronically. I need to get the exhaust welded up but i think im gonna have to change the crossmember, I have the 3650 mounts they just need to welded on. I just need to tackle one problem at a time i get a little antsy though. Still need a 8.8 but i cant wait on that for a bit.

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
yeah i will get sooner or later. i have almost every thing for this car minus the rear end i just have to get it all together and work correctly.

4whldisc

shame you live so far away, i have a 3.08 & a 3.27 8.8, both have posi, ,it would be best to get a complete unit with disc brakes out of a mustang, grab the brake lines also. beware...they are heavy. both of mine have drums.

you got a good deal on that cluster.

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
shame you live so far away, i have a 3.08 & a 3.27 8.8, both have posi, ,it would be best to get a complete unit with disc brakes out of a mustang, grab the brake lines also. beware...they are heavy. both of mine have drums.

you got a good deal on that cluster.
im running 4 lug so i dont have much of a CHEAP option for disc brakes

4whldisc

actually i used a set of axles from an sn95 in my 7.5 and 8.8"s. they are 5 lug axles needed for th conversions. all the sn95 (94-98) will fit you diff, v-8, v-6 or cobra, all the rear disc brake stuff will swap over also, beware the cobra rear brake driscs are vented and will require different pads.i changed mine over to rear disc and even got away with using the 93 parking brake lever and cables from a 97 mustang. its all about the fun.

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
I have done 5 lug swaps before but i already bought a set of 4 lug wheels, so the disc brake setup is very limited if you stay 4 lug. I just leave it be for now, any ways i got my computer in today it was the wrong dang one so i had to send it back, lol normally i would be pissed off but i was cool with it the guy seemed to try to make it right, so i guess it will be next week sometime before i get it. Nothing but time

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
Changed the cluster to the correct one and i got lights and seems to be everything will work correctly when i get the ECU back in and up and going. So note to all the swaps going on that plan on changing to new style dash the 94-95 cluster WILL NOT work with 96 up wiring, lol

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
Got the new computer in today and i guess it fried the tune chip too. So again down and out again. I found a 97 cobra that has been wrecked needs fixed if i knew i could part my car out for the cash he needs for the cobra i would do it. Im seriously tired of this shit!!!!!!!!!!!!! Here is the damage on the LLX4 EEC look close at the crack on the top lol
2013-03-06_14-29-02_923_zps4a0bc435.jpg